Shuffle, play, describe the first five so that we may learn of new things to listen to.
- The Strokes - Taken For A Fool. A fairly standard Strokes tune, but with a strong disco vibe in the drum track. Not sure I remember this one.
- The Black Keys - Black Mud. A quick little Beastie-esque instrumental.
- Neil Young - The Loner (from Live Rust). The opening chords sounds like "Cinnamon Girl". Not my favorite song from the album, and it's a little long for what it does. But it does that nice, crunchy, stompy Neil thing pretty well, so I can at least make the head-nodding crunchy-face along to it.
- Kevin O'Donnell's Quality Six - Blues For Andrew. Not sure if the Andrew in the title is Andrew Bird, who played violin for the band, or not. Nevertheless, this is a straight-up 30's-style jazz number, with a nice solo my Mr. Bird.
- Holy Sons - From Home. These guys opened for Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, this past Saturday. I was sufficiently impressed that I bought the record. I've never heard this song before, though. Haven't even had a chance to play the album yet! Live, they played a kind of loud, heavy, dark, psychedelic/blues/jazz hybrid. This is much more mellow. I still like it, though.