There are twenty-six song clips below, from twenty-six different songs. Name the song and the artist.
- You get 1 point if you name the song.
- You get 1 point if you name the artist.
- Leave your answers in comments.
- If you've never commented here before, you'll be in moderation until I free you. Don't worry, I'll get to it.
- Your answers will be hidden from everyone but me.
- The contest ends on Tuesday, Jan 13th, 12:00PM my time - east coast US. I'll reveal the comments, and the answers, and total up the points, then.
- Hints for any song which hasn't been identified yet will be provided, Monday, Jan 12th.
- I'll start posting point totals on Thursday.
|Song #1||Worked with Zappa and it shows||Song #14||--|
|Song #2||--||Song #15||--|
|Song #3||New wave vehicles||Song #16||--|
|Song #4||--||Song #17||That's not Josh singing|
|Song #5||--||Song #18||When prog rock turned new wave|
|Song #6||--||Song #19||--|
|Song #7||Painless punk||Song #20||--|
|Song #8||--||Song #21||There aren't many 'U' bands, right?|
|Song #9||Band = album = song||Song #22||--|
|Song #10||--||Song #23|
|Song #11||Hard rock kabuki clowns||Song #24||From Japan|
|Song #12||--||Song #25||--|
|Song #13||BOCES||Song #26||--|
First hint: Well, it's #26. The obvious theme is half of the actual one.
Second hint: ...which is to say: the theme applies to the artist and to the song title.
Third hint: It's A,B,Cs, in order. Song and artist. The song and the artist will start with the same letter (with some flexibility wrt first / last names)