Shuffle. List five. Describe. Pick your favorite.
- Minor Threat – Minor Threat. Whew. An adolescent kick in the neck to start the week. 90 seconds.
- Pixies – Is She Weird. This song sounds like Pixies-by-the-numbers.
- Bob Dylan – Visions Of Johanna (live). This is my favorite Dylan song. Though it’s long, and contains a harmonica (an instrument that typically makes my skin crawl), the lyrics are Dylan’s best.
- Beatles – Hello Goodbye. This song just screams “PAUL!” Link is to the Magical Mystery Tour video. Ringo is playing a tiny kit, with the drums drums at knee-level. John looks completely bored. And then there’s a wacky 60’s dance party at the end.
- Charles Mingus – Self-portrait in Three Colors. Nice, mellow, concise.
I choose Dylan.