Balloon Juice now has it's built-in pie filter, so there's no need to install this one!
Latest update: May 10, 2017. Filter version 7.1.1
7.0.0 : catching up to yet another BJ layout change.
7.0.1 : fix for users with links on their display name
7.0.2 : added an @include for https://... BJ is now a secure site?
7.0.3 : can now find people with IMG tags in their name
7.0.4 : some BJ html output weirdness was causing errors in the filter code. BJ-proofed the code.
7.0.5 : can now filter people with IMG tags in their name, again.
7.1.0 : add/remove people based on comment #
7.1.1 : minor fixes
If things change over there and it stops working, let me know.
To use this, you’ll need Greasemonkey:
I'm not sure if other browsers have GM support or not. Consult your local geek.
You can download the pie filter, here.
Then, whenever you load a BJ article page, you will see three buttons at the end of the comments: "Add", "Remove" and "Show List". There's also a text box where you will enter the name of the person to be filtered (or removed from the filter).
- Add : To filter a user, enter the user's name in the text box, and click this. From then on, comments from that user, and any other user you've added, will be pie'd.
- Add By # : To deal with people who use complex names, you can just enter the number of a comment they wrote and press this.
- Remove : To remove a user from your list of pie'd users, enter the user's name and click this.
- Remove By # : Enter comment number, press this, to remove a person by comment #.
- Show List : To see the names you currently have in your pie filter, click this.
If you see two pie filter toolbars, you'll need to go to GreaseMonkey / Manage User Scripts and remove the one titled "Balloon Juice Disemvoweller".
If GreaseMonkey asks you to grant permission to use GM_setValue, GM_getValue and/or GM_xmlhttpRequest, grant that permission (the script can't do anything without these functions).