It’s Over! – Results, here.
Update: Hints are up for the clips that nobody has identified yet.
Update 2: A second set of hints is up for the as-of-yet unnamed songs.
On this, the third anniversary (or close enough) of the first Name That Tune, it’s time for the 20th installment. And it’s gonna be a good one. Well, it’s intended to be good. We’ll see.
And feel free to spread the word! The more contestants, the merrier. Right?
The theme this time honors the upcoming forty-first anniversary of my glorious birth. So, forty-one songs! Wow. Double-plus! And the manner in which the theme manifests in the songs should become obvious once you get into them.
Let’s get old!
- You get 1 point if you name the song.
- You get 1 point if you name the artist.
- Therefore, you get two points if you name both.
- Leave your answers in comments.
- If you’ve never commented here before, you’ll be in moderation until I free you. Don’t worry, I’ll get to it.
- Your answers will be hidden from everyone but me.
- The contest ends on Wednesday, September 14th, my wife’s and my 15th wedding anniversary, 12:00pm my time – east coast US. I’ll reveal the comments, and the answers, and total up the points, then.
- I’ll provide hints for any that haven’t been named, as of Monday noon.
- The person with the most points will win a wonderful prize !
And here they are!
Aren’t they a fine looking bunch of links? Yessiree.
|Song 1||Missing this is no disgrace||Song 11||—||Song 21||—||Song 31||—|
|Song 2||—||Song 12||—||Song 22||—||Song 32||—|
|Song 3||—||Song 13||—||Song 23||—||Song 33||—|
|Song 4||—||Song 14||—||Song 24||—||Song 34||WA Emo-pop|
|Song 5||—||Song 15 *||—||Song 25||—||Song 35||Space dog tribute|
|Song 6||—||Song 16||—||Song 26||—||Song 36||Band name recalls #1’s song name. “Yeah”|
|Song 7||—||Song 17||—||Song 27||This is a little tricky||Song 37||Chilly simians|
|Song 8||—||Song 18||—||Song 28||—||Song 38||—|
|Song 9||—||Song 19||—||Song 29||—||Song 39||A different guitar and drum duo. They are 5 of 12.|
|Song 10||—||Song 20||—||Song 30||—||Song 40||I think she’s brilliant. Unemployed thespian.|
At the end of each day I’ll post the rankings, without points, of everyone who has given answers, on the sidebar of the main page.
Update (Sept 8th):
* : Clip #15 was changed Thursday AM. The original clip did not fit the theme. Apologies for any confusion.